Search

Saturday, November 10, 2018

Darby Weaver - CCNA to CCIE Studies - Status

Ok - So it's been a while and a while it has been since I've chimed in and made any status updates.

So I've been busy.  Something like 4 new grand-children this year alone, and one is a pair of twins, and the latest arrived on Wednesday, November 7th of 2018. That's a lot all by itself.

Meanwhile, on the professional front I've been working on most of our favorite topics - State of the Art Global Data Centers, world-affecting topics like Brexit which require solutions, and basically every topic that has a CCIE program and a few more like like the Cloud and Cyber-Security which may yet each have its own CCIE Program.

That's pretty busy for most people.

On top of that I purchased a ton of 10+ Gig Cisco Nexus and UCS equipment for my home network and Wireless too.  So...  I've got my work cut out for me.

I tore out my 3 testing racks which were always meant to be temporary until I relocated the equipment to the space I improvised and upgraded for my Home Data Center.

Which... has been delayed as I've had to make a few trips back and forth the last month or two...

Now with all that said...

I've put my feet in the sand to prepare for the CCIE DC Track - mostly because I'm doing all the stuff that goes into Code Review, Cisco Validated Designs, and Next Generation Automation tools - so it seems quite natural to allow some focus on the track.

Yes, part of my work involves, the Data Center, the DMZ (Security / Cyber Ops), Automation, LAN, WAN, Voice/Video, and even Wireless is in there... 

However all these little items like Nexus 9000, ASR 9000, and ASA 9000 series are really big ticket items that need a little extra tender loving care... not to mention: ACI, Tetration, NSO, DNA, UCSD, and my old favorite DCNM - just because I remember where I got started with the MDS 9K Series...

Anyway...

I just updated my entire CCNA and CCNP Collaboration Certifications along with a variety of Cisco Video Certifications for the Cisco Partners out there. 

I still have to sit the CCIE Written for the Collaboration - I stalled a bit.

I've taken everything down for redesign and to personally to test my own ability to bring it up in an automatic fashion and see where my own design/skills fail across all tracks or just need some touch up work.  It's a challenge...

I've not been idle.

I've been working a lot with automation and a lot with proving code does what it says it does and if not working the code to death and the respective BU team until the code is does what we say it does.

So...  I'm working at the bowels level...

I'm not quite sure where one goes from here career wise but this is probably going to be keeping me occupied for quite some time and besides its fun too...

I just started asking around about classes and maybe taking one here and there and if you see me in various courses for each of the various CCIE or CCNP or even CCNA level courses... don't be too surprised... I got a lot of work to do.

I'm also finally preparing my own unique document / book / worbook / etc. of what it is I've been doing over the years to help me prepare for OJT work, step by step designs to implementation to day 1-2 handover and maintenance of networks across the board. 

Why?

Because no one did. 

I waited almost 20 years and it is probably never going to materialize unless someone like me publishes it.

Besides...  My way is rather interesting and I've not seen anything quite like it.  So why not.

Most people may not ever do what I've done in terms of a lab to do what I do physically but now many can do so much virtually - so why not see what guys like me actually do in this little Cisco-ish world....

Darby Weaver

The Cisco Network Architect
http://www.linkedin.com/in/darbyweaver

No comments: