Search

Friday, October 20, 2017

Learning a New Programming Language by Darby Weaver - Automation and Orchestration Demand IT

Hey!

It's been a while and a question came up recently about how long it would take me to add Powershell and Javascript to my programming language skill set.

Wow! 

Sounds like a lot right?

Well...  It's not as bad as it looks...  Why?

Well...

I thought I'd throw in VBScript and refresh my Bash while I'm at it... 

So just in case. 

Here's the plan:

1. I read some style manuals for each language.

2. I take my existing code and scripts, etc.  I have a veritable treasure trove of code.

3. Practice, Practice, and Practice....

4. Visit some forums and blogs and pick up juicy tidbits and made have a few choice conversations on anything that I find quizzical or challenging.

5. Then comes the Secret Sauce:

Add them to some choice front ends.

Darby Weaver
The Cisco Network Architect

No comments: