Search

Thursday, October 17, 2013

10-17-2013 - Force 10 versus Cisco and others - Data Center Architect

I'm working in a consultative / planning role for Data Centers these days -  think Greenfield , Upgrades, Migrations, etc.

Lots of vendors gear - Cisco, Dell Force 10, HP, Juniper, Brocade/Foundry, etc.  The list goes on and on and I can't tell you how many types of vendors or gear I'm going to end up exposed to since every couple of days it seems something is connecting to some other vendor's gear I've never heard of until I hear of it.

In short, my career as a Network Architect is morphing a bit.  I spend more time planning and researching officially these days as a result.

I'm learning lots of new technologies and equipment  - kinda reminds me of my days back when I started out with PCs in a lot of ways.  Lots of ways.

No getting rich at it or anything like that but hey... if you are not learning then you are not living.

I'm still chipping at the CCIE RS... along with a few others.

I still mentor folks one-on-one and remotely when and where I can.

I still stay busy at all hours of the night.

Same stuff - Different day....

Darby Weaver

No comments: